Saturday, July 11, 2009

Basil Chicken in Coconut

My basil plant has exploded so tonight I made this. It came out really good. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs and served it over jasmine rice. I think that if I make it for company, I will go ahead and use thighs. It's a very mild curry with a lot of flavor and the jalapeƱo pepper add flavor rather than heat.

Personally, I can't think of any alterations but the comments in the blog entries have a few I might consider for next time:

  • Sautee the onions and peppers a little longer so they are not quite as crunchy
  • Add a little fish sauce instead of the worcestershire sauce
  • A squeeze of lime juice just before serving

As I would also serve this for company, and am trying to think of good accompaniments. Since my brain is a little babyfried, I can't seem to play the flavors very well, but I think perhaps a celery root salad (although I would replace the lemon in that with lime) and some naan.

No comments: