Saturday, July 25, 2009

Random Recipe Search: Thai Drunken Noodles

This is probably one of my top five favorite dishes and I really need to find a good recipe. Columbus does not have many Thai restaurants and among the few that exist Pad Kee Mao is not a dish that shines.

The search turned over a few promising recipes. Templeofthai.com has what appears to be a fairly simple recipe and includes pictures of the steps. However, they include baby corn, which really don't care for. Authentic or not, I prefer stir fried red peppers and tomatoes.

The recipe on epicurious.com includes tomatoes (which is good) and ground chicken (which is just strange to me).

Visualrecipe.com's recipe seems pretty basic, but not particularly interesting.

I also ran a search for "Pad Kee Mao" and came up with the following (linked by site/blog name): Massive Appetite, New York Times, and chow.com.

I keep thinking that it will be a while before I attempt this, but I think I should do it soon if I want to include tomatoes. I got some terrific ones at the Farmer's Market today.

No comments: